Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't login to configure Orbi

madaid55
Aspirant

Can't login to configure Orbi

Hello. I understand that I put "SRS60" as the associated product, but I couldn't figure out how to list the actual product. I own an Orbi RBR20.

All I want to do is configure the settings of the router. I tried to log in to routerlogin.com with "admin" and "password" but it didn't work. I tried answering the security questions (which I don't remember setting up) but those didn't work either. OK, time to factory reset. I held down the reset button for 10 seconds until it started flashing. That didn't change a thing. Everything is exactly as it was before. I tried resetting the satellite too, but it's the same deal.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can't login to configure Orbi

If the router successfully did a Factory Refresh, then:

• The WiFi credentials will be set to the default values printed on the product label (bottom of the case)
  • The web administration credentials will be "admin" and "password"
  • When you connect a web browser to the router (either by http://orbilogin.net or the IP address of the router- usually 192.168.1.1), it will take you through the setup process.

When the Orbi was setup originally, were the WiFi credentials changed to something different from the default values?

Message 2 of 5
madaid55
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. The WiFi credentials were indeed changed a long time ago. Just to clarify, I have the WiFi credentials but I don't have the web administration credentials, which is what I need.

I don't understand why the web administration credentials aren't "admin" and "password" after having done a factory reset.

The reset button was pressed for 10 seconds, until the orange LED started flashing. The router's lights turned off for a bit, then turned back on. That's a factory reset, no?
Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

If the WiFi credentials did not change to match the product label, then the router did not Factory Reset.

Sometimes people report having to do what is called a "30-30-30" reset.

https://www.lifewire.com/hard-reset-rule-for-routers-3971318#:~:text=Although%20any%20given%20router... 

Message 4 of 5
madaid55
Aspirant

Thank you. I tried doing the 30-30-30, but on the final step I get a flashing red light instead of flashing orange. It keeps flashing until I turn it off and on again.
I then tried this: "Make sure the Orbi is off, no lights. Unplug the power supply from the wall, keeping it plugged in the Orbi. Then hold down the reset button and press and hold the power button for 1 minute. After that plug in the power supply and press the power button."

This didn't work either. My 90 days of free support are up. Do I have to pay for Netgear support because my product isn't working like it's supposed to? Ugh.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7