Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can you attach a powerline adapter to the satellite?

Kamid
Follower

Can you attach a powerline adapter to the satellite?

So, as some of you may know, the xbox one x has connectivity issues with the internet. This really sucks when you pay $500 for a "top of the line system" and it will disconnect you at any moment.

Looking through forums, it sounds like the best fix is to use a wired connection, however, that's not possible in my case. I'm in a mother-in-law suite with the main orbi router and satellite in the main house. Note, I didn't have wifi problems before, and all devices but the xbox can connect without a problem.

Is it possible to connect a powerline adapter to the satellite, which is closest to me, and connect it to another adapter in the mother-in-law suite?
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 3
RocketSquirrel
Luminary

Re: Can you attach a powerline adapter to the satellite?

Powerline would be my third choice. First would be to put a satellite in the MIL suite if the distances allow. Second would be MOCA adapters if you’re wired for cable TV.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
AC641
Luminary

Re: Can you attach a powerline adapter to the satellite?

To answer your question directly.  Yes you can definitely connect Powerline Adapters as you describe.  If you buy them ensure you get teh pass-through type i.e. with a plug socket built-in.  I say this as they are far better at filtering mains noise - I learnt this the long and hard way!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7