Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot Load Alexa on my Orbi Voice

GeekDadKen
Initiate

Cannot Load Alexa on my Orbi Voice

Added the voice unit to our existing Orbi network. The app recognizes it as a satellite, and when I select it to try at add the Alexa capability, the "Controls" tab that the setup instructions point me to isn't there. Also, no way to remove the unit and reinstall it, so I'm kind of at a loss.

Model: RBS40V — Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Satellite with built-in Amazon Alexa
Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Re: Cannot Load Alexa on my Orbi Voice

Based on the RBS40V User Manual, e.g. p.11 "Add Amazon Alexa to Your Orbi Voice" - where do you stuck exactly? Adding some screenshots might help to document the problem.

Message 2 of 6
GeekDadKen
Initiate

Specifically, it says I should be able to select the unit from the Network map, and then select "Controls" to add Alexa. Nothing that says "Controls" shows up for me. Here are screen shots:

IMG_7949.PNGIMG_7952.PNGIMG_7951.PNGIMG_7950.PNG

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@ChristineT - another famous one. Remoted to a friends mobile who has a promotion/demo sample of the Obri Voice - and can't find that very same control there either. I simply have no Orbo or Orbi Pro and Orbi Voice (despite several promises...) to test and compare.

Message 4 of 6
dogwelder
Aspirant

I didn't see the controls until I upgraded the firmware on the Voice and the router.

Message 5 of 6

@dogwelder wrote:

I didn't see the controls until I upgraded the firmware on the Voice and the router.

Always helps to know the firmware versions.

V2.2.1.74 here.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7