Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Change Primary Trusted Device

ouq77
Tutor

Change Primary Trusted Device

I have changed to a new mobile device and am unable to figure out how to change the primary trusted device from my old phone to the new one (or remove other devices from the list).

In the Orbi Android app (latest from app store), I go Account Mangement -> Login Settings -> Two-Step verification -> My Trusted Devices. On this screen, I can see a list of 4 devices (2 of them are the same device, since I tried various ways of getting this changed), but no way of editing/removing/chaning the primary device.

Any ideas? 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Chances are that you will get more informed responses (and more quickly as well) by posting in the Orbi App forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

Many of the community members who frequent this forum primarily use the web interface.  For example, I sometimes open the "app", but have never even looked at enabling 2-factor authentication.  Since I'm not going to even turn it on, I have zero experience with it.  My guess is that there are people who watch the app forum who have a lot more experience.

Message 2 of 4
ouq77
Tutor

Thanks - wasn't aware and will repost over there.
Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Good Luck.  I'm sure that if your question is answered satisfactorily, people on this forum would be interested to hear the answer.  In my case, it would be an interesting bit of trivia to aid my thinking in the future.  Maybe it would prompt me to turn this security feature on. (or, maybe it would reinforce my hesitation.)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7