Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Chromecast is not working with Orbi mesh

CarlCO
Aspirant

Chromecast is not working with Orbi mesh

I had my system up and running perfectly, then we moved away for a year (stored everything in boxes) and when we came back I'm having issues getting some of my smart devices to connect.  

Larger items connected fine: Nest Cams, Sony Smart TV, Google Home Mini, Nest Thermostats...  

Small items in particular a few Chromecast audios as will as a few Wemo outlets are not pairing nicely.  

I'm not overly tech savvy, changed orbi settings to/from bridge mode.  Changed channels. Reset everything. Tried setting things up right next to the router...  EVERY time 

"Could not communicate with your Chromecast"

RBR50 with 1 satellite, both with updated firmware (V2.7.4.24 )

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 4

Re: "Could not communicate with your Chromecast"

@CarlCO wrote:

I'm not overly tech savvy, changed orbi settings to/from bridge mode. 

Why did you try that?

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 4
CarlCO
Aspirant

Arris SURFboard SB8200
Message 3 of 4

@CarlCO wrote:
Arris SURFboard SB8200

OK. Nothing routery in there.

If only some devices play up when others are working, I'd start with the devices rather than the router. It just puts out the wifi. It is then up to the clients to do their stuff.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7