Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Compatible satelites with LBR20

Z1mmy
Aspirant

Compatible satelites with LBR20

Hi,

the web page says that router is compatible with selected satellites. I see that most is no longer available. What are the compatible wifi sattelites i could use to extend the signal on other floors.

I would like to connect backhaul with ethernet for stability so i don't cate about triband.

Also, specifically I'm looking for the availability in EMEA/Poland.

Best regards

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Compatible satelites with LBR20

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

As the web site indicates, the LBR20 is compatible with the original WiFi5 series of Orbi satellites. (RBS10, RBS20, etc.)

Even in the US, those older products are very hard to find  Many users seeking the older products turn to eBay, which I believe is also active in the EU.

If no compatible satellites can be found,The big difference between a bunch of Access Points and a "mesh" is the ability to roam seamlessly from one unit to another.

I see two distinct choices:

• Continue to use the LRB20 as the Network interface, and use it to support a new mesh system (from Netgear or anyone else).  The key will be to find a mesh system where the satellites can be connected to the router with cable.
    This preserves the ability to roam around the property and never lose the WiFi signal.
  • Continue to use the LBR20 as the Network Interface, and connect as many WiFi Access Points as needed to it using Ethernet cable (and perhaps a switch to provide enough ports). Devices which remain in one place will be fine.  Devices that move around the property may tend to "hand onto" one access point as they get farther away from it (and suffer a performance drop), to the point that the user needs to tell them to "reconnect" and they find a stronger signal.

Message 3 of 4
Z1mmy
Aspirant

thanks.

i do have to stick to my orbi as i just purchased it for sake of having a better LTE connection which is the only option at this location. So this was one of the best choices for 4G last year with capability to aggregate LTE freqs and wifi6. I didnt consider having signal issues, but unfortunately it is the case. Im losing the connection and having DCs due to low wifi signal. And im not far away but i do have aluminium foil in the walls to reflect the heat inside (its a house in the woods).

Nevertheless, thats what im going to do. I will add new access points perhaps 2 in mesh to cover lower flor and outside while orbi will remain upstairs where all is fine (stationary devices). same case downstairs, most will be stationary and i can configure to connect only to access point. Phones whill be the only problem and may experience signal lost and network switching 😞

Yet before that ill try to look for these satelites somewhere, perhaps ill find some. Ive seen a few but their price is more then the good router i could buy and use as access point 🙂

Cheers

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7