Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuration for Wowway internet Cable

Deus47
Follower

Configuration for Wowway internet Cable

I have recently switched internet providers to WOW's 1Gbps service that came with their eero pro 6 mesh system. I have an RBR50/ 2 RBS50 I used with my old AT&T modem/router. My question is, can I use my Orbi with WOW's modem/router? Technicolor model #CGA4234VGW. If so, how do I reset and configure it to work with WOW's technicolor? Just a novice here lol

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Configuration for Wowway internet Cable

@Deus47 wrote:

I have recently switched internet providers to WOW's 1Gbps service that came with their eero pro 6 mesh system. I have an RBR50/ 2 RBS50 I used with my old AT&T modem/router. My question is, can I use my Orbi with WOW's modem/router? Technicolor model #CGA4234VGW. If so, how do I reset and configure it to work with WOW's technicolor? Just a novice here lol

Page 39 of the Technicolor User Manual describes how to set the device into "router" or "bridge" mode.

https://mediacomcc.custhelp.com/euf/assets/documents/modem%20user%20guides/Technicolor_CGM4231_user_... 

In bridge mode, non of the Technicolor router functions apply and the WiFi capbility is turned off.  The Orbi must be in router mode (the detault). All devices connected to the Orbi should continue to function as before.

The post did not describe how the Orbi is currently connected to AT&T. (router vs. Access Poiint mode.)

A question that was not asked is: "should I keep my Orbi, or change to the eero Pro 6 Mesh system"?  The eero Pro could be set to the same SSID/Password (exactly the same) as the Orbi and all devices should connect to it.  How many EERO's did they furnish?

Being a Total Computer Nerd, I would try out the eero Pro to see how it stacks up against the Orbi.  i.e. Plug one in, walk around checking signal strength and performance. Then, plug the other in and repeat.  What I would not do is rely on the Technicolor WiFi instead of the Orbi or eero Pro.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7