× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connecting Orbi to New Modem

Amarat
Initiate

Connecting Orbi to New Modem

Hey everyone,

My old phone company modem died and I'm having trouble connecting my Orbi back up. I know this is probably a setting within the new modem, but I can't figure out which one or where it is. The Orbi app tells me that the RBR50 is disconnected and under the Wi-Fi modem's network settings the RBR50 is listed as a wired computer. I don't think this should be the case, but I can't find something to change it to that makes sense. There isn't a router option.

I am on Frontier service and currently running on their modem's Wi-Fi, which I think used to be turned off, but I'm not sure now that I remember that correctly. Their service guy set this up, but once I got the new modem working the customer service refused to test anything with me regarding the Orbi router.

I have tried the Orbi login page but all it tells me is that I'm not connected to the orbi network. I have tried rebooting everything with no luck.

I am not fluent in computer settings lingo and shorthand, so please keep that in mind.

Thanks for the help!

Amara

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
ekhalil
Master

What is the model of the Frontier modem? Since it has wifi so it's for sure a router and we need to find how to set it in bridged mode.

Message 2 of 5
Amarat
Initiate

My sincere apologies for not replying sooner. My internet went down yet again and it has taken all this time to get someone out here to fix it. The lines were corroded and connections had to be replaced. My original Frontier modem was not the problem, I was told, so the repair guy put it back. Everything is hooked up as before and the Frontier modem's WiFi is turned off so that I am getting Internet through my Orbi.

The app is still telling me there are issues connecting with my wireless network, however, even though my WiFi is working. I have Internet on my computer and cell phone both through my home network. The Orbi is pink, though, which I thought related to an IP address issue. However, when I go into the app to look at the WiFi settings, it claims it is connected. The RBR50 says it is "disconnected" under the list of my products. Should I try doing a reset on the Orbi router?

My Frontier Modem is an Arris NVG443B .

Thank you!

Amara

Message 3 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@Amarat wrote:

My sincere apologies for not replying sooner. My internet went down yet again and it has taken all this time to get someone out here to fix it. The lines were corroded and connections had to be replaced. My original Frontier modem was not the problem, I was told, so the repair guy put it back. Everything is hooked up as before and the Frontier modem's WiFi is turned off so that I am getting Internet through my Orbi.

The app is still telling me there are issues connecting with my wireless network, however, even though my WiFi is working. I have Internet on my computer and cell phone both through my home network. The Orbi is pink, though, which I thought related to an IP address issue. However, when I go into the app to look at the WiFi settings, it claims it is connected. The RBR50 says it is "disconnected" under the list of my products. Should I try doing a reset on the Orbi router?

My Frontier Modem is an Arris NVG443B .

Thank you!

Amara

The Arriss NVG443B is a router, so you have two ways to go:

1. If you want your Orbi as a main router then you need to set the Arris in Bridged mode.

2. A simpler way to go is to keep the Arris as your main router and set Orbi in AP Mode. You can do this in the GUI by going to the settings as follows:

Namnlöst.png

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@Amarat How are things going for you? Have you had the time to try any of the suggestions? 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7