Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DHCP Lookup Failed on RBR50 Orbi AC300

Bovercome
Tutor

DHCP Lookup Failed on RBR50 Orbi AC300

I'm trying to connect to my own network with a Chromebook the school district issued my child (Acer Chromebook C720 series).

I keep receiving this "Network Connection Error" = Failed to connect to network 'my network name': DHCP lookup failed

All of my other devices connect to the network seamlessly (surface pro, iPhone, iPad, Lyric thermostats, Amazon Firestick, etc.).

What can I do to my router or network settings to resolve this issue?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: DHCP Lookup Failed on RBR50 Orbi AC300

Has the Chrome book been updated? 

Try setting a IP address reservation on the RBR if the chromebook connects and see if it helps. 

Try a reboot of the RBR and the chromebook.

If your other devices connect, then something with the chromebook needs too be looked into. 

Contact Google as well for help an information on there product. 

Message 2 of 5
Bovercome
Tutor

How do I set an IP address reservation? I can see the IP address on the Orbi app. Just unsure of how to set a reservation.

My firmware on the Orbi is V2.3.5.30. Does this need updated?

Message 3 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@Bovercome wrote:

How do I set an IP address reservation? I can see the IP address on the Orbi app. Just unsure of how to set a reservation.

Check your Chromebook network settings and make sure it is set for DHCP and does not have settings from a previous user.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

ON the RBRs web page under Advanced tab/Settings/LAN Setup. Select Add and then find the chromebooks IP address listing. Select it then Select ADD, then select Save. 

@Bovercome wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7