Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Delays in connectivity

Delays in connectivity

the unit I have is NOT listed. it's an RBK23W, which is an RBR20 and 2 RB330 units.  its sold on amazon and frys, I think netgear needs to update the drop down list.   

the satellite units seem to be properly distanced from the main unit; however, I notice my ipad or Macbook takes a while to receive signal in one of the rooms.  I assume it's switching from 5ghz to 2.4ghz to get better converage, but there is no way/status that can tell me this.   I also notice drops while streaming radio in my bathroom off my phone.  I didn't have this with previous router. The house is only 2400 sq feet, so I believe I'm well covered, my previous router hit all the rooms, just not with a strong enough 5ghz range. I was going to start moving the sattelite units around, but I figure its more trouble than its worth.  any thoughts?  

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Delays in connectivity

Whats the distance between the base router and satellite? I have the AC2200 system and base is up stairs and 40ft approx distance between the satellite at the far opposite end of the house. 

Any other wifi neighbors near by? If so, how many and what channels are they using? 

I would set up just the base router and see how well the wifi range does. Then add the Satellite if needd. Should be place at around 30 feet approx. distance. 

Also try temporarily disabling Daisy Chaining, beamforming and MIMO. Daisy chaining is only needed of you have two or more Satellites. Enable Beamforming and MIMO later on after checking the system out with out them being disabled. 

@circadianswingwrote:

the unit I have is NOT listed. it's an RBK23W, which is an RBR20 and 2 RB330 units.  its sold on amazon and frys, I think netgear needs to update the drop down list.   

the satellite units seem to be properly distanced from the main unit; however, I notice my ipad or Macbook takes a while to receive signal in one of the rooms.  I assume it's switching from 5ghz to 2.4ghz to get better converage, but there is no way/status that can tell me this.   I also notice drops while streaming radio in my bathroom off my phone.  I didn't have this with previous router. The house is only 2400 sq feet, so I believe I'm well covered, my previous router hit all the rooms, just not with a strong enough 5ghz range. I was going to start moving the sattelite units around, but I figure its more trouble than its worth.  any thoughts?  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7