Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices on Satellite appear to loose connection to router for a few seconds at a time

coolva
Aspirant

Devices on Satellite appear to loose connection to router for a few seconds at a time

Hello all,

I currently have a HTPC that utilizes a HDHomeRun Prime for cable TV and several xboxes for media extenders.  Ever since I've installed the Orbi system, I've noticed I've been getting a lot of "weak signal" messages on my HTPC and extenders.  From what I can tell its dropping frames from the HDHomeRun to the HTPC.  The HDHomeRun is wired to the main router and the HTPC is wired to the satellite.  From reading many of the issues people are having, am I safe to say that the Netgear Orbi system isn't refined enough at this point to support sustained data transfer from the router to satellites?  I never had any issues whatsoever until I switched to this setup.  I'm currently running 2.0.0.74 firmware and my signal on the satellite shows blue to the router (see attached picture)

I'd like to know if there is anything I can do to fix this issue before it's too late to return the Orbi.  Thanks in advance!!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Devices on Satellite appear to loose connection to router for a few seconds at a time

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7