Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disconnects from satellite on chromecast

fakeout1010
Aspirant

Disconnects from satellite on chromecast

I have an Orbi with 1 satellite. Until today everything seemed to work fine. The issue I'm having today is that my Chromecast which is connecting to the Satellite automatically (the Satellite is about 40-50ft from the router) is randomly dropping connection. If I disable the Satellite it connects to the router and everything works fine. If I plug the Satellite in it connects to it and will drop within 30 minutes. I have the latest firmware and did a factory reset. Any ideas or troubleshooting tips? I have two Chromecast and both exhibit the same problem when plugged in at this location with the satellite on so I know I don't just have a bad chromecast.
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
st_shaw
Master

Re: Disconnects from satellite on chromecast

Try moving the satellite closer to the router.

Message 2 of 7
cyberprashant
Luminary

Theres lots of post about the latest firmware having issues 1.12.0.18....see if you have that one. I had problems with the amazon echo dropping off of the wifi prev stable. I believe its firmware related. Switching amazon to guest orbi network seems to have stopped. Others have suggested downgrading firmware and blocking updates will help
Message 3 of 7
fakeout1010
Aspirant

The satellite was closer, about 20 ft, so I moved it further thinking that could help. Neither make a a difference.
Message 4 of 7
fakeout1010
Aspirant

Yes that is the firmware I have but I'm not sure how to roll back or disable updates.
Message 5 of 7
cyberprashant
Luminary

See page number five of the thread called 1.12.0.18 discussion.

It's a little involved but not too bad and solve my problems of the dropping amazon echo of the network every few minutes
Message 6 of 7
cyberprashant
Luminary

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7