Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disney Circle has disappeared on Orbi RBR50

ekhalil
Master

Re: Disney Circle has disappeared on Orbi RBR50

@Terribl3 Any luck so far in logging in to the PC/Mac Genie app?

Message 26 of 43
Terribl3
Tutor

ekhalil: Nothing, tried a zillion times but does not work.

@FURRYe38: Is there any other way to get in touch with Netgear support? @Blanca_O might be off for New Year. 

Message 27 of 43
ekhalil
Master

How did you do the factory reset? Did you use the Orbi app? It seems that either the Orbi app or Genie are doing the wrong settings in Orbi.
Can you please do the factory reset from the computer while the Orbi app and Genie app on the phone are completely closed (killed).
Message 28 of 43
FURRYe38
Guru

Set up a support ticket here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

User will need to set up an account and add there product to there prodile. 

Message 29 of 43
Terribl3
Tutor

@ekhalil I factory reset through the reset hole at the back of the Orbi. I am not sure if the Orbi app or the genie app on my iPhone are interefering, because after reset my phone connects to an entirely different internet connection. I have two ISP connections at home. Just as a failsafe as I cannot afford to be without a connection. Keeping this, I don't think the apps are interfering. As for resets, I have lost count how many I might have done. Not long ago, if I remember correctly, the Disney Circle option would appear immediately after reset, when setting up the router. It does so no more..

@FURRYe38 All my Netgear products are registered. However, they are all beyond the 90 day service contract. Now, they ask for buying service, which I don't want to. I think have spent a lot on Netgear gear already. 

Message 30 of 43
FURRYe38
Guru

See if a forum Moderator can help...

@Blanca_O

@Terribl3 wrote:

@FURRYe38 All my Netgear products are registered. However, they are all beyond the 90 day service contract. Now, they ask for buying service, which I don't want to. I think have spent a lot on Netgear gear already. 

Message 31 of 43
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Terribl3

Our support team is looking into this issue and would like to work with you if you would like to send me a PM with your name, email, phone number and device serial number. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 32 of 43
Terribl3
Tutor

@Blanca_O: Pm on its way! Thank you.

Message 33 of 43
Terribl3
Tutor

@Blanca_O 

Hi Blanca O. Its rather amazing that this matter is still not resolved. At Netgear's end, through various procedures including intervention from Netgear multiple times through TeamViewer, they concluded that the unit needs to be changed. Post that they have not been able to raise an RMA, for reasons unknown to me. In fact this is what the helpless customer service wrote to me:

Netgear Support

2019-01-25 01:49:29
Hi Anaam, I am truly sorry to have kept you waiting this long. I just want to inform you that I kept sending them follow-up emails regarding your case, however, there's still no update coming from them. I'll reach out to you right away once I get confirmation. Regards, Joshua Expert ID: 46107 NETGEAR L2 Support Expert.

I wonder what can be the solution to this. This is surely Netgear asking, rather pleading me never to buy their any of their products. 
Message 34 of 43
FURRYe38
Guru

I would ask for a beta. There is a new beta available and may help get Circle going. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Looking-for-a-select-group-of-Orbi-Community-members-that-are/...

@Terribl3 wrote:

@Blanca_O 

Hi Blanca O. Its rather amazing that this matter is still not resolved. At Netgear's end, through various procedures including intervention from Netgear multiple times through TeamViewer, they concluded that the unit needs to be changed. Post that they have not been able to raise an RMA, for reasons unknown to me. In fact this is what the helpless customer service wrote to me:

Netgear Support

2019-01-25 01:49:29
Hi Anaam, I am truly sorry to have kept you waiting this long. I just want to inform you that I kept sending them follow-up emails regarding your case, however, there's still no update coming from them. I'll reach out to you right away once I get confirmation. Regards, Joshua Expert ID: 46107 NETGEAR L2 Support Expert.

I wonder what can be the solution to this. This is surely Netgear asking, rather pleading me never to buy their any of their products. 

Message 35 of 43
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Terribl3

We will do a follow up to our support team. We'll get back to you once I have an update. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 36 of 43
Terribl3
Tutor

So finally there is a solution to enable Disney Circle on Orbi. You have to downgrade the firmware of the ORBI router to the firmware version RBR50 (Orbi Router) Firmware Version 2.1.1.12. This is only an issue with certain countries. I think Netgear & Circle should make people aware of this issue.

This is not an optimal solution, but a solution if Disney Circle is important for you. However, Netgear is still left with the problem where Parental Control is inoperable in the latest firmware. 

Message 37 of 43
FURRYe38
Guru

Does this include v32? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-NetGear-Orbi-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-32-now-available/td-p/...

@Terribl3 wrote:

So finally there is a solution to enable Disney Circle on Orbi. You have to downgrade the firmware of the ORBI router to the firmware version RBR50 (Orbi Router) Firmware Version 2.1.1.12. This is only an issue with certain countries. I think Netgear & Circle should make people aware of this issue.

This is not an optimal solution, but a solution if Disney Circle is important for you. However, Netgear is still left with the problem where Parental Control is inoperable in the latest firmware. 

Message 38 of 43
Terribl3
Tutor

@FURRYe38 It includes v32.

Message 39 of 43
FURRYe38
Guru

And did you do a full factory reset on the base and satellite, then setup from scratch and verify this? 

Message 40 of 43
Terribl3
Tutor

@FURRYe38 Yes absolutely. I did this with Netgear support staff.

Message 41 of 43
Chuck_M
Mentor

What country version is affected

Message 42 of 43
Terribl3
Tutor

@Chuck_M India for sure. China too I think. But an assured list can only be given by Netgear.

Message 43 of 43
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 42 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7