Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does Orbi RBR50 not compatible with Xfinity service (I have Netgear CM1000 modem)

ChuckieCheese
Luminary

Does Orbi RBR50 not compatible with Xfinity service (I have Netgear CM1000 modem)

I have Xfinity service and have my own modem (Netgear CM1000). The modem is compatbile with Xfinity and I can get Internet service if I plug my device (laptop, iPad, etc.) directly to the modem. I do NOT use rented modem/router from Xfinity.

However, if I plug the Orbi RBR50 directly to the modem, there is no Internet service whatsoever. I tried to put the modem MAC address in the Orbi (Orbi --> Advanced --> Setup --> Internet Setup --> Router MAC Address) but it's the same thing.

Is the Orbi RBR50 not compatible with Xfinity or is there some setting I need to change?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Does Orbi RBR50 not compatible with Xfinity service (I have Netgear CM1000 modem)

Glad the suggestion fixed it. 

Please mark your post as solved so others will know for future reference. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@ChuckieCheese wrote:

Thank for the informaton! It turned out that for Xfinity, changing devices (e.g. from laptop to router) requires that I power cycle (not just reboot) the modem. This fixed the issue!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Does Orbi RBR50 not compatible with Xfinity service (I have Netgear CM1000 modem)

What FW is currently loaded?

Power OFF both modem and RBR. After 1 minute, power ON the modem, after 30 seconds, power ON the RBR. Besure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

I would walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser navigated to orbilogin.com

@ChuckieCheese wrote:

I have Xfinity service and have my own modem (Netgear CM1000). The modem is compatbile with Xfinity and I can get Internet service if I plug my device (laptop, iPad, etc.) directly to the modem. I do NOT use rented modem/router from Xfinity.

However, if I plug the Orbi RBR50 directly to the modem, there is no Internet service whatsoever. I tried to put the modem MAC address in the Orbi (Orbi --> Advanced --> Setup --> Internet Setup --> Router MAC Address) but it's the same thing.

Is the Orbi RBR50 not compatible with Xfinity or is there some setting I need to change?

Message 2 of 6
ChuckieCheese
Luminary

Thank for the informaton! It turned out that for Xfinity, changing devices (e.g. from laptop to router) requires that I power cycle (not just reboot) the modem. This fixed the issue!

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad the suggestion fixed it. 

Please mark your post as solved so others will know for future reference. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@ChuckieCheese wrote:

Message 4 of 6
Alyoung
Aspirant

Orbi36 not connecting to Samsung Galaxy S 5 or Galixy S 7

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi36 not connecting to Samsung Galaxy S 5 or Galixy S 7

Can we be of help? @Alyoung 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats