Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Drop In

randogdog
Follower

Drop In

I have the ORBI with Alexa and 3 Satellites and 3 Amazon Echo Dots.  All connected and happy.  But when I ask ORBI to Drop In to a room it says unsupported function. I can do it fine from the Alexa app on my iPhone.  Does the ORBI Alexa device not support all of the features of a real Alexa device?  When the ad says "with Alexa" I kinda figured that would be full, not partial.   Is ORBI really limited?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG support about what features are supported on the Alexa version of Orbi. 

Message 2 of 8
AmitR
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It's coming via software update.  

Message 3 of 8

Are we talking about the RBS40V, the voice satellite?

Message 4 of 8
ekhalil
Master

@michaelkenward wrote:

Are we talking about the RBS40V, the voice satellite?

Yes @michaelkenward. I think RBS40V is the only Orbi with built in Alexa 🙂

Message 5 of 8

Full details are important.

That's why Netgear has its suggested information that people should provide:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

In this case, other stuff on the network may also help.

But it may be that @AmitR has the answer. Pity that a Netgear person offers such a cryptic response, with next to no useful information.

I would try it on my  RBS40V, but I have no idea what this command is supposed to do.

Message 6 of 8
ekhalil
Master

@michaelkenward wrote:

Full details are important.

That's why Netgear has its suggested information that people should provide:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

In this case, other stuff on the network may also help.

But it may be that @AmitR has the answer. Pity that a Netgear person offers such a cryptic response, with next to no useful information.

I would try it on my  RBS40V, but I have no idea what this command is supposed to do.

Agree. In fact this question should be posted in the special Orbi Voice Community: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice

Message 7 of 8

@ekhalil wrote:

Agree. In fact this question should be posted in the special Orbi Voice Community: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice

Jeez. I hadn't spotted that wrinkle. I thought they had done well to post it in the Orbi area.

Yet another place to hang out.

I wish you hadn't said that!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7