Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Duplicate a RBK50 installed solution

JohnHighrock
Aspirant

Duplicate a RBK50 installed solution

Hello,

Already equipped with a rbk50 system (router + 1 satellite) I would like to extend my wifi coverage.

Can I install a second RBK50 system (router+satellite) with the same wifi name to make this extension.

Thank you 😉
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Duplicate a RBK50 installed solution

You can install the RBS from the 2nd system. The RBR from the 2nd system can only work in router mode or in AP mode. Not as a satellite. 

@JohnHighrock wrote:
Hello,

Already equipped with a rbk50 system (router + 1 satellite) I would like to extend my wifi coverage.

Can I install a second RBK50 system (router+satellite) with the same wifi name to make this extension.

Thank you 😉

Message 2 of 6
JohnHighrock
Aspirant

I installed very Well the rbs satellite to my existing orbi network and it works fine 😉
My problem now is that I can’t erase the previois configuration of the second RBR.
The factory reset doesn’t works at all and I face the previous name and mainly the previous password…:-(

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your pressing the reset button in back for 15 seconds to effect a factory reset.

Message 4 of 6
JohnHighrock
Aspirant

Hi
I pressed for 15sec : nothing change
30 sec : nothing again
30sec then Power off then power on and 30 sec more : nothing again
Still the previous SSID name and password (not known 😞
So I’m stuck :-(((
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a 30-30-30 reset process. Be sure you follow the process correctly:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Wi-Fi-5-AC-and-Orbi-with/orbi-rbr50-not-connecting-to-the-inte...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7