Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FW V2.5.0.38 Apple products dropping wifi

Accutronman
Guide

Link speed and throughput with my Apple devices was horrible with 2.5.0.38. I rolled back and everything is fine now. 

Message 26 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you try a factory reset on the RBR to see if this help any before going back to v30? 

@Accutronman wrote:

Link speed and throughput with my Apple devices was horrible with 2.5.0.38. I rolled back and everything is fine now. 

Message 27 of 44
Accutronman
Guide

Nope. Didn't want to have to re-enter options with a reset. Just downgraded the firmware. 

Message 28 of 44
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Accutronman wrote:

Nope. Didn't want to have to re-enter options with a reset. Just downgraded the firmware. 

Nice...now no more manual firmware updates

Message 29 of 44
samekh
Initiate

I'm trying to do this now. I was able to roll back the satelite, but when I went to the next step and uploaded the file for the router and hit the upload button it results in the page coming back with, "500 Internal Server Error". At that point I have to refresh the page and re-login before I can get back to the admin page to try again. I've tried 3x in Safari and 1x in Chrome all with the same result. Any ideas?

Message 30 of 44
Accutronman
Guide

Clear cache to the browser and re-login into Orbi. Make sure you're connected to the Orbi router with an Ethernet cable and that your uploading the RBR labeled file and the RBS one. 

Message 31 of 44
Wire1852
Apprentice

@samekh wrote:

I'm trying to do this now. I was able to roll back the satelite, but when I went to the next step and uploaded the file for the router and hit the upload button it results in the page coming back with, "500 Internal Server Error". At that point I have to refresh the page and re-login before I can get back to the admin page to try again. I've tried 3x in Safari and 1x in Chrome all with the same result. Any ideas?

I had the same issue when I rolled mine back. What worked for me was to reboot the router after the satelite has been rolled back to (2.3.5.30) & give both the router & satellite time to both boot (I waited a good 10 minutes). At that point I then tried rolling back the router to 2.3.5.30 and it worked. Hope that helps.

BTW I got the 500 internal error from 2 different computers before rebooting the router and then rolling back the router to 2.3.5.30

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 32 of 44
samekh
Initiate

Rebooting the router between satelite and router firmware rollback totally worked, thank you!

Message 33 of 44
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@samekh wrote:

Rebooting the router between satelite and router firmware rollback totally worked, thank you!

Nice job....now no more manual firmware updates....Leave your system alone

Message 34 of 44
snoyogi2
Initiate

Re: FW V2.5.0.38 Apple products - downgrading to V2.5.0.30 resolved problem

Downgrading to V2.5.0.30 resolved my problem. My apple devices were preferentially connecting to 5G with only a 6 MB TX speed when 2.4 Ghz was better. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 35 of 44
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: FW V2.5.0.38 Apple products - downgrading to V2.5.0.30 resolved problem

Nice job...back where you belong without zillions of unnecessary questions.  

Message 36 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Next time you upgrade FW, try the reset. This will clear out problems seen after FW updates. Also be sure to do backup configurations to file for safe keeping. Helps save time. No issues with v38 loaded. 

@Accutronman wrote:

Message 37 of 44
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Next time you upgrade FW, try the reset. This will clear out problems seen after FW updates. Also be sure to do backup configurations to file for safe keeping. Helps save time. No issues with v38 loaded. 

factory reset is for lost password

Message 38 of 44
snoyogi2
Initiate

When you say reset, I power cycled all three orbis multiple times trying to resolve the issue. I did not do a factory reset. Yes. I did take a backup. Nothing wokred except downgrading the software. I will wait and hope the next release works better or you come up with better documentation in your release notes on the upgrade process. 

Message 39 of 44
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@snoyogi2 wrote:

When you say reset, I power cycled all three orbis multiple times trying to resolve the issue. I did not do a factory reset. Yes. I did take a backup. Nothing wokred except downgrading the software. I will wait and hope the next release works better or you come up with better documentation in your release notes on the upgrade process. 

Now leave it alone.  NO more manual firmware updates.

Message 40 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

A reset is a factory reset of the RBR and RBS to clear out any lingering old FW code and mis-configurations by pressing the back button for 15 seconds. This a last resort suggestion to see if this helps with getting the system working again after a FW update. Something I use when I manually update FW. Yes, not everyone needs to do this. Just a last resort. 

@snoyogi2 wrote:

Message 41 of 44
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

A reset is a factory reset of the RBR and RBS to clear out any lingering old FW code and mis-configurations by pressing the back button for 15 seconds. This a last resort suggestion to see if this helps with getting the system working again after a FW update. Something I use when I manually update FW. Yes, not everyone needs to do this. Just a last resort. 

@snoyogi2 wrote:

factory reset is for lost password

Message 42 of 44
Philippe69
Aspirant

Could you please explain to me how to downgrade a firmware on Orbi ? I’ve tried to upload the previously released firmware 2.5.1.106 (as the latest 2.5.2.104 is creating internet drop) through manual update, but I get a error message about wrong firmware. Thanks in advance for your help.
Message 43 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Use a wired PC for this process. Safari(Mac), IE11, Firefox or Opera browsers are recommended.

Then send the RBR FW file lastly.

Factory reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch. After makeing sure the system works after setting up, be sure to make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. This saves time if a reset is needed again.

@Philippe69 wrote:
Could you please explain to me how to downgrade a firmware on Orbi ? I’ve tried to upload the previously released firmware 2.5.1.106 (as the latest 2.5.2.104 is creating internet drop) through manual update, but I get a error message about wrong firmware. Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 44 of 44
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 43 replies
  • 16 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7