Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware V2.0.0.54

gideon99
Tutor

Firmware V2.0.0.54

I searched the Internet and the forum for information about the firmware but didn't see anything, probably because it just go released.  Looks like some significant feature changes, like support for daisy-chain topology.  It's not fully mesh but looks like a significant step towards it.  

I can't be the guinea pig during work hours and I don't think I have time tonight but I thought I would start the discussion thread for anyone who wants to provide feedback after taking the leap.  

New to Orbi so not sure if this firmware is specific to the model but I just got the RBK40 up and running yesterday (still debating about switching to RBK50).  

Release notes as follows:

Current Version:V1.12.0.20
New Version:V2.0.0.54

Release Notes:
[New Feature and Enhancements] Supports daisy-chain topology, which allows Orbi satellites to connect to other satellites or to the router.
[New Feature and Enhancements] Updates the Speedtest API to provide in-progress data.
[New Feature and Enhancements] Updates the Attached Device page in the UI with the following changes:1. Shows device type. 2. Shows connected Orbi and band. 3. Allows connected device and Orbi satellite renaming.
[New Feature and Enhancements] Supports radio transmit power control.
[Bug Fix] Fixes a bug when the main SSID contains a space.
[Bug Fix] Fixes a bug where the genie remote reboot command might trigger a system factory reset.
[Bug Fix] Fixes a bug where genie remote access fails when the Orbi system is in AP mode.
[Bug Fix] Fixes security vulnerabilities.
Message 1 of 2
gideon99
Tutor

Re: Firmware V2.0.0.54

Found a new feature under Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings: Fast Roaming.  

The description is:

"Enable Fast Riaming [sic]

When you enable this feature, Orbi directs your client devices to the most optimal WiFi band quicker."

Seems like a no-brainer to turn that on, right?  It can't force the client to handoff from one AP to another but the AP can switch from 2.4 to 5 GHz for the client.   

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7