Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Get Devices Connected to specific Satellites (RBR40 Router and 2 RBW30 Satellites)

ericgc
Aspirant

Get Devices Connected to specific Satellites (RBR40 Router and 2 RBW30 Satellites)

Hi, I am having an issue where my laptop will not connect to a Satellite which is in the same room. It always connect to the router which is in our basement. I am not sure the issue here as I tried power cycling and turning the wifi on the laptop on and off. I have also noticed devices that are connected to the satellite which are very close have 1 bar of signal. Any reason for this or way to fix this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Get Devices Connected to specific Satellites (RBR40 Router and 2 RBW30 Satellites)

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

It's mostly up to wireless devices to connect to which wifi signal sources to connect too. 

Message 2 of 11
ericgc
Aspirant

Re: Get Devices Connected to specific Satellites (RBR40 Router and 2 RBW30 Satellites)

Would this be the Transmit Power Control drop down?

Message 3 of 11
ericgc
Aspirant

Ok, so changing the Power to 50% I am now connected to the Satellite. Problem is the Satellite is literally right in front of me on the wall and my signal is Medium. And on the Application on my phone in the Satellite Devices it says it is 1 bar on the Wifi Icon.. doesnt make much sense to me.

Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes.

Message 5 of 11
ericgc
Aspirant

As stated above "Ok, so changing the Power to 50% I am now connected to the Satellite. Problem is the Satellite is literally right in front of me on the wall and my signal is Medium. And on the Application on my phone in the Satellite Devices it says it is 1 bar on the Wifi Icon.. doesnt make much sense to me."

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Is your phone connected to the RBR or RBS? 

You need to disable the wifi radio on the phone for 5 seconds then back ON for it to connect to the RBS. 

Message 7 of 11
ericgc
Aspirant

It is actually my laptop that is having the issue. It is connected to RBS but it is literally 15ft in front of me if that and i am at "medium" strength and all things connected to it show 1 or 2 bars on the Orbi app.

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi app on the phone? 

Log in to the RBSs web page to see whats connected there. Also check status of the RBS there as well. 

Message 9 of 11
ericgc
Aspirant

Unfortunately same things is happening. Now I am right next to the satellite and I still have "medium" signal

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG support and ask for help and information regarding this. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7