Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HELP HELP WITH MY ORBI 5G NBK 752 SET AND NBK750

melissahartman
Aspirant

HELP HELP WITH MY ORBI 5G NBK 752 SET AND NBK750

good evening to all:

i am new to the ORBI 5G ROUTER/SATELLITE PLUS NBK750 SATELLITE.. So i have had it since May 7th and it worked amazingly and now ever since I did an update at least I think i did but again I am not sure if it was done successfully. So I attempted to go to download center pick the router and satellite, when I saved it to my imac and then went into the backend of the orbi and went to manual update and then picked satellite and then pasted into the box and then updated, I also did the same with the router and ever since then I have had nothing but a nightmare period. I had to factory reset the router and both satellites and still nothing like I had in the very beginning and then also I would delete the orbi app and same old same old and now my satellites don't show in my device section on the Orbi App or even in the backend by desktop.

All my devices that were on the satellites no where to be found, and then I have one that showed up out of no where satellite and its color on the app in the network map is showing purple, nothing is working and its frustrating when we spent alot alot of money. So today I decided to try connecting them all with the ethernet's and I have them all wired and i believe its all good.. but again my satellites are not shown in the Obi app in devices or not even in the network map, still nothing in the backend of the orbi. I am not sure if i am to change anything since i wired in the system. 

PLS PLS HELP HELP me I am about to give up and send it all back  I am tired trying to get it fixed like it was when i first got it.. my whole family was so excited on the numbers and how everything is worked. but now not so much.. 

can someone explain to me the correct way to manually do a firmware update, and if need be how to go back to the very beginning, also how can i get my satellites back on where i can see and get connected back on to both of them, also i know you have to have updated firmware/software to keep up but I am struggling here... 

5G WiFi Mesh System, AX4200 (NBK752)  PLUS an additional satellite 

Message 1 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: HELP HELP WITH MY ORBI 5G NBK 752 SET AND NBK750

Hello @melissahartman ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are not able to view your connected satellites on your Orbi app and would like additional information on manually updating your Orbi Mesh system. The satellites included with the Orbi mesh systems need to be updated before the router is updated. Updating the router first may cause issues syncing with a satellite with older firmware. The current firmware for your NBR750 is firmware version 4.6.5.11_1.5.66. The current firmware for your RBS750 (the satellite) is 4.6.14.3. If the firmware on your router is updated then you only have to update the firmware on the RBS750. 

Please navigate to the link below for a video tutorial on how to update your RBS750:

How to update the Firmware on your Orbi Satellites | NETGEAR - YouTube

Please navigate to the link below for instructions on how to update your NBK752 (Only needed if your NBR750 is not on FW v4.6.5.11_1.5.66):
https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co... 

Please navigate to the link below for the most current firmware download files for your NBK752 (please be sure to use the correct FW with the corresponding device) :

Orbi NBK752 | 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System | NETGEAR Support

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
melissahartman
Aspirant

Did exactly as the video and now my devices won't work i did the update a couple of hours ago.. i am beyond frustrated with all of this.. currently the version that is up in the right hand corner of the back end of the orbi - firmware version v4.6.5.11_1.5.63 my satellite's 1is still showing disconnected and the other one no show still. I also was trying to upload photos to show you but they are saying to large of a file now i am not sure what i should do next since its now not working

by the way Kevin thank you so much for responding to my question

Melissa 

Message 3 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @melissahartman ,

Thank you for attempting the solutions attached to the links in the previous post. I understand that you are still having difficulties with your NBK752. I would like to endorse you to our support team for further assistance in analyzing this issue. 

Please PM the following information so I can endorse you to our support team:

Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7