Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help

Rjulissa
Aspirant

Help

To connect the orbi system do i have to have to buy a modem , because I’m trying to put wifi in my home but I don’t have a wifi wireless
Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, the orbi system or any wifi router needs internet services if your wanting internet access. You can use any router with out it for home networking services, however if you don't have internet access, then it's kind of pointless.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

How do you get internet? Cable? DSL or Fiber? Wireless ISP? 

Most ISP have a form of a modem to access there services and internet place i the home which a router or a PC can connect to. 

Message 2 of 5
Rjulissa
Aspirant

I dont have internet I’m trying to buy orbi system but I don’t understand if i have to have sort of internet cable to conect orbi
Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 3 of 5
RocketSquirrel
Luminary

You need to buy Internet service from a provider and you need a modem of some sort in front of the Orbi router. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, the orbi system or any wifi router needs internet services if your wanting internet access. You can use any router with out it for home networking services, however if you don't have internet access, then it's kind of pointless.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7