Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How Many Orbi Satellites Can I Daisy Chain?

TimD427
Follower

How Many Orbi Satellites Can I Daisy Chain?

How many Orbi Satellites can I use in a daisy chain without losing too much bandwitdth?

I have a long building with multiple tenants. My main router is in the unit at one end of the building and I would like to set up wireless outdoor security cameras at the other end of the building about 120 feet away through multiple brick walls. And possibly another one 200 feet away. I would like to be able to stream these videos remotely, so need somewhat decent wifi connection. Am I able to daisy chain three or four satellites? And would it matter if they were the indoor or outdoor variety?

I currently use Orbi in the unit at the one end of the building in a star topology which works well, but doesn't get coverage too far outside. If Orbi isn't the right solution for my situation, I'd love some guidance in the right direction.

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: How Many Orbi Satellites Can I Daisy Chain?

Orbi does not sound like a practical solution to your problem.  My first impression is "run ethernet cables for the IP security cameras and power them over the ethernet cables (PoE).  200ft from the building is a long haul for ordinary WiFi.  It is probably possible to Daisy Chain four satellites together i.e. RBR->RBS->RBS->RBS-RBS, but this is clearly not the intended use.

My opinion? Look elsewhere.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7