Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How can I Monitor Traffic by Attached device

Gruncle1
Guide

How can I Monitor Traffic by Attached device

I have an ORBI RBK50 with one satellite.  How can I monitor traffic by attached device.  My ISP provider gives me very little bandwith and I have to use it carefully.  If I knew which device was using how much,it would help.  I looked at one solution that appeared to need me installng outside firmware on the router and I do not want to do that.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

Re: How can I Monitor Traffic by Attached device

Unfortunately monitoring how much bandwidth is being used by device is not possible at the momment, I don't believe you can load a different firmware into the device other than the official one.

Message 2 of 4
AndersOrbi
Initiate

I really wish Netgear will add the possibility to monitor traffic, and give statistics for each device in the Orbi app.

Wishlist for app update:

- total data usage for all devices (day/week/month)

- total data usage pr device (day/week/month)

- current bandwith usage (total/each device)

With these features i am able to identify which device use most data, or which device use all bandwith.

Message 3 of 4
balpaugh
Initiate

I agree that this is a necessary feature. I like the Orbi system a lot, however with its limited ability to accomplish security tasks and analytics is disconcerting.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 34 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7