Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I Open Ports on Orbi?

TJ2017
Follower

How do I Open Ports on Orbi?

Hi Folks,

I'm reaching out to the community to see if there is a way to open ports on the Orbi router?  I received the Orbi AC3000 system (router & sattelite) for Christmas. This thing is a truly awsome product. Set up was a snap, the coverage is beyond belief, especially for a not so techy person. I have a Tablo box (records OTA TV signals)  that is working great with the Orbi and I would like to access the recorded shows remotely.  In order to do that I need to set up two ports on the router.  The Tablo even tells you the port numbers. The Tablo even has an automatic function that will try to configure the ports on your router for you, but this feature only works on certain routers and doesn't work work with Orbi. My old Netgear router allowed me to go into the Admin and set up the ports manually, but I can't figure out how to get into the Orbi router to set these ports up.  I spent some time searching the community prior threads but didn't see anything relating to opening ports on Orbi that specifically addressed how to open ports.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks TJ

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Roamabout
Luminary

Re: How do I Open Ports on Orbi?

Chapter 8 of the user guide describes the Orbi port forwarding configuration. It is under the Advanced... Advanced Setup.. Port Forwarding/Port Triggering... menu of the Orbi web interface.

You need to be using the Orbi as a router for this option, it doesnt apply to an Orbi in AP mode.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Roamabout
Luminary

Re: How do I Open Ports on Orbi?

Chapter 8 of the user guide describes the Orbi port forwarding configuration. It is under the Advanced... Advanced Setup.. Port Forwarding/Port Triggering... menu of the Orbi web interface.

You need to be using the Orbi as a router for this option, it doesnt apply to an Orbi in AP mode.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7