Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I set up the Orbi RBS50Y after I set up my Orbi RBK53 and one satellite?

konagal
Aspirant

How do I set up the Orbi RBS50Y after I set up my Orbi RBK53 and one satellite?

I purchased both systems so as to have extended coverage including the RBS50Y for outside coverage. How do I set up the RBS50Y after setting up the RBK53 router and one satellite from that model? Would it be better to set them up both at the same time out of the box? There is no documentation specifically for this topic that I can find

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
Miles267
Apprentice

Re: How do I set up the Orbi RBS50Y after I set up my Orbi RBK53 and one satellite?

There’s no right or wrong way. Simply press the sync button on router and RBS50Y and they’ll synch in a matter of seconds.
Message 2 of 7
Miles267
Apprentice

Re: How do I set up the Orbi RBS50Y after I set up my Orbi RBK53 and one satellite?

There’s no right or wrong way. Simply press sync button on your Orbi router and then the RBS50Y and they’ll sync in a matter of seconds.
Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 3 of 7
konagal
Aspirant

I forgot to mention I want to do it in the "Daisy Chain" setup method  with the RBS50Y the first satellite in the chain and the satellite from the RBK53 as the next one. Is there a certain thing I have to do for that? Will it ask me if I want to set it up that way or do I have to specify it in a certain way? So, you're saying just click on the sync button after I set up the router in this method?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes just follow the normal setup method and within the settings you enable the daisy chain option.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
konagal
Aspirant

I called Netgear and had a technician help me set them up over the phone. He said there is NO "enabling" the Daisy Chain method. I also read that I must select that method on setup but I did not see anything to select. Can you help me find that method so I can make sure I am in Daisy Chain mode?

Message 6 of 7
konagal
Aspirant

I FOUND it and the Daisy Chain method IS checked. I found in in Advanced>Advanced Set Up>Wireless Settings. Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7