Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to unblock connections on Orbi

aruit
Guide

How to unblock connections on Orbi

I have installed my Orbi system in AP-modus after my Nighthawk R7000.

When I look on www.routerlogin.net I see that all my connections are allowed (green) (NOT blocked (red)).

But when I look on www.orbilogin.com I see that the three connections of my Orbi Satellite are blocked (red).

On the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 I have the entry access control under advanced - security.

But on the Orbi Router I the entry access control under advanced - security is gray and not selectable.

How can I unblock these connections?

Or is it a bug in the Orbi Router?

Or should I connect directly to the Orbi Satellite?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

Re: How to unblock connections on Orbi

in ap mode the router features are bypassed so ev en if its showing red its not doing anything

Message 2 of 5
aruit
Guide

So, because the Orbi router is in ap mode I can only change the access state from the Nighthawk router.

But why does the Orbi router not display the actual access state of all connected systems in the same way as the Nighthawk router?

Message 3 of 5

correct when in ap mode your upstream router does all the routing including access control etc 

have no idea at this stage why some clicnts are shown as blocked even when they are not , but if its not eanbled it doesnt matter

Message 4 of 5
aruit
Guide

I understand that it does not matter, when the router is ap mode, but I would like to correct the information anyway, also in ap mode.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7