Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have the following product Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router (RBR50)…IP issues…need help

wburnham
Follower

I have the following product Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router (RBR50)…IP issues…need help

Hello.  I have the following product Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router (RBR50) With some of the satellites that go with this.  It mostly works great.  

My AT&T Modem has a 10.0.0.X IP address and is connected into my Orbi RBR50 and it has a 192.168.2.X series of addresses.  

However I am having an issue where some of my WiFi devices are connected to a 10.0.0.X IP address vs my 192.168.2.X addresses within my network.  And when I log into the Orbi app to see what devices are connected to my network at what IP address, some show this 10.0.0.X IP address.  And I have having issues with those and can’t seem to get them to change back to my standard 192.168.2.X.   What is the best way to fix all of this so all devices will be under the 192.168.2.X IP addresses?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am really at a loss here.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: I have the following product Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router (RBR50)…IP issues…need help

Its because you're running a double nat and have some connecting to the orbi and some to the ATT device. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7