Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IP Address settings not holding

rbraitz2
Aspirant

IP Address settings not holding

I have my main router at home via FIOS and i have a private IP scheme 192.168.3.1 for the fios router and dhcp starting at 192.168.3.25 for example......the Orbi router has an ip address of 192.168.3.25 and seems to grab the dhcp settings just fine from fios router.  When I try to connect my cell phone, laptop etc. it obtains an ip address of 10.0.0.x .  I can't understand why the orbi router won't give out the ip from the dhcp on the fios router.  and i can't log into my orbi using the ip address that it indicates.  this system is so frustrating to use.  i just want the orbi to be access point and allow whatever connects to it to obtain ip from my fios router not the orbi router, thanks in advance

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: IP Address settings not holding

It sounds like your Orbi is still in router mode rather than Acess Point (AP) mode.  Login to the web UI and click on the Advanced tab, then click "Advanced Setup" -> "Router / AP Mode" and click the AP mode button and click Apply.  Once the router reconfigures, it will be in AP mode.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

It sounds like your Orbi is still in router mode rather than Acess Point (AP) mode.  Login to the web UI and click on the Advanced tab, then click "Advanced Setup" -> "Router / AP Mode" and click the AP mode button and click Apply.  Once the router reconfigures, it will be in AP mode.

Message 2 of 3
rbraitz2
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your prompt response and it worked!!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7