Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installed Orbie and all websites give security certificate not safe message

trailcat
Aspirant

Installed Orbie and all websites give security certificate not safe message

installed orbie rbr40 aka NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with Tri-band AC2200 WiFi System (RBK33-100NAS)

once connected to the internet all websites except google.com give security certificate error.

checked different computer, same results; changed back to older router and no more errors.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Installed Orbie and all websites give security certificate not safe message

@trailcat wrote:

installed orbie rbr40 aka NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with Tri-band AC2200 WiFi System (RBK33-100NAS)

once connected to the internet all websites except google.com give security certificate error.

checked different computer, same results; changed back to older router and no more errors.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Who is your ISP?
What device is your Orbi router connected to?
Are your satellites wired or wireless?
Did you reboot your ISP modem/router, before starting the Orbi router install?
How did you setup your Orbi router and satellites?

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Is this RBR or RBS web pages or internet web sites?

Try different browsers to see if this problem follows...

@trailcat wrote:

Please advise.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 6
trailcat
Aspirant

Thanks for the response and the questions. My ISP is ETC (Ellijay Telephone Company). I used different browsers, different computers (with different versions of Windows 10); Yes, I setup the Orbie Routers with the Orbie app; I do believe that google.com might have worked, but no other websites could be accessed. I did not reboot my ISP box as it is a fiber conversion thing, I thought, not necessarily a modem? I have changed routers before without having to restart that device, so am not sure that will help. Satellites are wireless.

Message 4 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

When you setup the Orbi router, did you let it configue for you or did you do a custom setup and choose DNS servers, static IP address, etc?

Message 5 of 6
trailcat
Aspirant

It configured for me. Thanks again for trying to help on this. I have decided to return it, so I will no longer be trying to resolve this issue.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7