Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Issue on RBR40 starting Daylight saving day

sanjeev40084
Aspirant

Internet Issue on RBR40 starting Daylight saving day

I have RBR40 with latest firmware and having internet issue starting Daylight saving day. I even tried reverting old firmware and disabling traffic meter but no luck so far. There were few instances when after I power cycled my modem and tried to hook up my router with Ethernet cable, the wifi would work a minute but then the issue would come back again. I have 6-7 year old Netgear router (not orbi) and the internet works fine on that so I know it's not my ISP. Has anyone run into issue on their Orbi starting Daylight saving day or recently?
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Internet Issue on RBR40 starting Daylight saving day

Please try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR and RBS.
Power OFF The ISP Modem as well for 30 seconds then back on. Walk thru the setup wizard and be sure to write down all important information. Be sure not to enable Armor, Circle, Access Controls, QoS or Traffic Meter on the RBR.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

my RBR50 time is correct

Message 2 of 10
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello sanjeev40084,

I am sorry to hear you are having connectivity issues with your RBR40. 

Please answer the questions below so I can assist you further:

1. Is the RBR40 in access point mode?

2. Which modem are you using? 

3. Are you able to access the internet when you connect laptop or PC to the RBR40?

Looking forward to your response!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 10
sanjeev40084
Aspirant

1. Is the RBR40 in access point mode?
I just checked and it is in router mode.

2. Which modem are you using?
Spectrum Modem Model# ET2251

3. Are you able to access the internet when you connect laptop or PC to the RBR40?
No.
Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Has Armor or Circle been enabled?

Has a factory reset been performed and setup from scratch? 

Message 5 of 10
sanjeev40084
Aspirant

No for all the questions.
Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Please try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR and RBS.
Power OFF The ISP Modem as well for 30 seconds then back on. Walk thru the setup wizard and be sure to write down all important information. Be sure not to enable Armor, Circle, Access Controls, QoS or Traffic Meter on the RBR.

Message 7 of 10
sanjeev40084
Aspirant

Is factory reset only the solution? I got tons of smart devices which I will have to reset again to connect to my wifi if it works after the factory reset :catsad:
Message 8 of 10
Mikey94025
Hero

@sanjeev40084 wrote:
Is factory reset only the solution? I got tons of smart devices which I will have to reset again to connect to my wifi if it works after the factory reset :catsad:

Generally you do not need to reconfigure or redo the setup for devices as long as you keep the same SSID and security setting.  Many Orbi customers replace their old router with a new Orbi router, use the same SSID, and all their smart devices still work and connect to the new Orbi wireless network.

So factory reset your Orbi, setup its wireless network in the same way and using the same SSID, and then your smart devices should connect again automatically.

Message 9 of 10
sanjeev40084
Aspirant

Thank you everyone. The factory reset did work. I kept the same Wifi name so must of the previous connected device work without needing to reconnect. I hope I don't run into this issue again.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7