Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet connection

val43560
Follower

Internet connection

My pc gets disconnected from internet every 24-48 hours. I have to reboot my computer every time to make it work. When it happens all my other devices are working fine. My pc is hard wired to Orbi and my Cable modem. My cable company assured me that my modem is working fine. So something is wrong with my Orbi? Any suggestions? I never had this issues with my other router. My orbi us updated to the latest firmware. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Internet connection

Which Orbi model system do you have?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Is the PCwired or wireless connected to the Orbi? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 3
UnCapitano
Apprentice

Re: Internet connection

@Furry. I appreciate your zeal in trying to find out what setup each user has, but the number of posts on this same exact issue make it clear that it isn’t a user issue at this point. As a matter of fact, the same complaints popped up on the Orbi AX side of the forums. Those have since been fixed in a beta version of firmware, at least for most users over there.

However, on the ancient RBR50, we still have no beta nor any word from Netgear. My router still needs to be reset at least once a day. That just shouldn’t happen on a platform as mature as this router now is.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7