Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is RBK 50 still having problem with backhaul

Ahmed92
Aspirant

Is RBK 50 still having problem with backhaul

Can anyone confirm that RBK50 works good with backhaul without any disconnecting.
Thanks
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

My friends system has been up since day one of installation:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1592753/highli...

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

For wired back haul:
Set up IP address reservations for each satellite and devices on the router as you add them to the router. The satellites need to be set up via wireless first. Then connect 1 satellite at a time to the ethernet LAN cable. Wait 5 minutes and the top led on the satellite should turn on BLUE. Set up an IP address reservation for the 1st satellite. Continue to do the same thing for the 2nd satellite. Then follow up with your devices.

Message 2 of 9
Ragar99
Luminary

The OP asked a simple question  and you reply with a help desk script?  What's up with that?

Message 3 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@Ahmed92 wrote:
Can anyone confirm that RBK50 works good with backhaul without any disconnecting.
Thanks

@Ahmed92 Did you mean to ask about wired backhaul? Or backhaul in general? 

Message 4 of 9
Ahmed92
Aspirant

@ekhalil Wired backhaul
Message 5 of 9
ekhalil
Master

I have wired backhaul and it’s working perfectly well.
Message 6 of 9
Ahmed92
Aspirant

I was having RBK 50 before 6 months when i connected it through wire backhaul it was disconnecting every 5 min so i have returned it
Message 7 of 9
ekhalil
Master

I think that the latest software 2.2.1.210 fixed the issues related to wired backhaul.
I had wired backhaul since almost 2 months (since the release of .210 SW) and it’s rock solid. 🙂
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Theres seems to be a process to setting up wired backhaul that seems to help when using wired backhaul with satellites. 

@Ahmed92 wrote:
I was having RBK 50 before 6 months when i connected it through wire backhaul it was disconnecting every 5 min so i have returned it

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7