Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with Orbi

kaks
Aspirant

Issues with Orbi

I have been having few issues with Orbi and they are listed below:

1) Over the last 4 weeks I have had to reset my router to factory settings 3 times as it would show connected but no throughput/traffic.

2) I havwe been using Open DNS settings for parental control and ever since 'Disney' parental control got launched the parental control settings get diabled on their own. This is even more nafelling as the admin rights are only with me and so dont know how they defaault to some state.

I have a case open with netgear ( 40544774) but the issue is not resilved yet. 

Any comments or suggestions as both these obeservations have the first of its kind for me.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issues with Orbi

Message 2 of 9
kaks
Aspirant

I am not sure if your respense pertains to issues i am facing....if not could you elaborate

Message 3 of 9
ekhalil
Master

1)

- When this happens do you see no throughput in all devices?

- What type of devices?

- Have you tried to only switch off/on wifi on the devices to see if this restore the issue? Have you tried power recycle on the router/satellite? Why did you need to factory reset?

- When this happens, how does the radio conditions in the surrounding look like, can you use a wifi analyser to see the active channels and the strength of each? Any neighbor's channels that are same as yours?

- Do you have any wired devices connected to your Orbi's?

- Do you have wired or wireless Backhaul? Is Daisy Chain activated?

2)

I had the Disney Circle issue you described frequently in the beginning. I did not see it after updating to 2.2.1.210, which FW are you on now?

Message 4 of 9
kaks
Aspirant

1)

- When this happens do you see no throughput in all devices?

- What type of devices?- kaks- they show connected but no traffic

- Have you tried to only switch off/on wifi on the devices to see if this restore the issue? Have you tried power recycle on the router/satellite? Why did you need to factory reset?

- kaks- tried it buit did not make a diffrence, even power cycled the router but still no connection, ended up doing a factyory reset

- When this happens, how does the radio conditions in the surrounding look like, can you use a wifi analyser to see the active channels and the strength of each? Any neighbor's channels that are same as yours?

kaks- all are working fin and infact i never had thius issue with any of the earlier rourtres...

kaks- yes

- Do you have wired or wireless Backhaul? Is Daisy Chain activated?

-kaks- How do i activate it, i did see it is et us a rouer when i logged in and checked the web but it says downlink speeds decrease , dont see the reson why

2)

I had the Disney Circle issue you described frequently in the beginning. I did not see it after updating to 2.2.1.210, which FW are you on now?

kaks- no firewall but issue still remains and my firmwares is V2.2.1.210

Message 5 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@kaks wrote:

- What type of devices?- kaks- they show connected but no traffic

When connected does the device have IP addresses starting with 169.25.......?

@kaks wrote:

kaks- yes 

What wired devices do you have? Connected to Router or Satellite?

@kaks wrote:

kaks- no firewall but issue still remains and my firmwares is V2.2.1.210

When you say "the parental control settings get diabled on their own.". Where do you see that the settings were disabled?

Message 6 of 9
ekhalil
Master

@kaks Please have a look at this https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/quot-Wifi-Disconnection-quot-issues-are-still-in-2-2-1-210/m-p.... If you have wired devices please check them. Test to disconnect them and see if the system will perform better.

Message 7 of 9
kaks
Aspirant

Thanks 

It suck payoing so much for the mesh router and have these issues and netgear doing the dance on not achnoloeding that we have an issue here...

some how still feel it is hardware issue...

Further just 10 mins back all my wifi went off and so after the reboot am online again....

expect a better product and support from netgear....

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Try this as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@kaks wrote:

Thanks 

It suck payoing so much for the mesh router and have these issues and netgear doing the dance on not achnoloeding that we have an issue here...

some how still feel it is hardware issue...

Further just 10 mins back all my wifi went off and so after the reboot am online again....

expect a better product and support from netgear....

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7