× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Just got RBK50. Devices are refusing to connect to satellite and vice versa

Alkaladar
Aspirant

Just got RBK50. Devices are refusing to connect to satellite and vice versa

So i got the RBK50 today and set it up.

Signal strength is good. They are about 10-13m/35-40ft away from each other separated by 3 walls.

I go to the back of the house with he satellite being the closest and the signal drops asway as I am away from the router but it is not connecting to the satellite at all.

Everything has connected itself to the router, ignoring the satelite when when the signal from the satelite is much stronger. 

I am not very tech savy so I got this becuase apparently the settup and use was easy but there is nothing easy about this at the moment. 

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Just got RBK50. Devices are refusing to connect to satellite and vice versa

What firmware are they on?

if you disconnect your device from the wifi and let it reconnect, does it connect to the satellite? 

If you hardwire into a satellite, does it work? 

Might also get better help in the orbi forum versus the standard nighthawk forum. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Message 2 of 3
Alkaladar
Aspirant

Re: Just got RBK50. Devices are refusing to connect to satellite and vice versa

"What firmware are they on?"

1V2.7.3.22

"if you disconnect your device from the wifi and let it reconnect, does it connect to the satellite?"

No

"If you hardwire into a satellite, does it work? "

I will have to try this in the morning. Otherwise I will wake m kids up. 

"Might also get better help in the orbi forum versus the standard nighthawk forum." 

Will do thanks. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7