Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LBR20 using hotspot data instead of LTE

Chris075
Aspirant

LBR20 using hotspot data instead of LTE

I just purchased the Orbi LBR20 and a plan on Mint Mobile. worked fine for about 2 days, then it used all the 5gb of hotspot data. Shouldnt this use straight LTE data and not hotspot data? How do I set the Orbi to not use hotspot and use my unlimted data plan?

Message 1 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: LBR20 using hotspot data instead of LTE

Hello Chris075,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

The LBR20 can only be used with data plans. The hotspot that you have with Mint Mobile is considered a data attachment to your cellular service. This caused your LBR20 to use the hotspot data instead of your cellular data. 

An additional data plan is needed for your LBR20.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Chris075
Aspirant

So even though the SIM was purchased and has unlimited data and technically for a phone, it is still going to try and use it as a hotpost?

Message 3 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Chris075,

The unlimited data you are referring to is the unlimited cellular data plan provided by your carrier. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Mint mobile can tell that its in a cellular modem and not connected using a phone. 

they specifically don't have a modem plan because they're a reseller of tmobile's data. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7