Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Low transfer rate writing on NAS

MadXerxes
Aspirant

Low transfer rate writing on NAS

Hello,

I have a Netgear Orbi RBK50 running on firmware V2.0.0.74 and an QNAP TS-431P running as a NAS. The Orbi and the NAS are connected via 1Gbit Ethernet via a Switch.

When I connect my laptop via Ethernet with the Orbi, I achieve a writing speed on the NAS of 40-45 MByte/sec. When I connect my laptop wirelessly with the Orbi, the speed drops to 15 MByte/sec. I am surprised by this, as my laptop stands next to the Orbi, is connected with the 5 Ghz channel an ac-mode and claims to habe a Tx Rate of >500 MBit/sec = 62.5 MByte/sec.

Is there any reason, that explains the drop in speed? Or even better: Any ideas to improve the speed in the wireless setting?

Thanks for your help!

PS: Additional question: I saw that a new firmware is available but was discouraged by the instructions for a manual update. When do new firmwares usually become available for automatic update?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
MadXerxes
Aspirant

Betreff: Low transfer rate writing on NAS

With an update of the firmware to the current version 2.1.1.16 I gained a speed increase to around 25 MByte/s.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7