Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Marantz NR1608 Disconnect from RBR40

Amirlit
Guide

Marantz NR1608 Disconnect from RBR40

Hi,

I have a Marantz NR1068 AV Reciever. It is able to connect to the wireless network. However, after a while, it drops and I have to reconnect it. This was not happening with my previous, non-Orbi, Router.

Router: RBR40

Firmware:   V2.1.4.16

Help?

Amir

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Marantz NR1608 Disconnect from RBR40

What is the distance between the RCVR and the router or satellite?

Try setting a manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4ghz.

Set a IP address reservation ON the router for the RCVR.

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming on the router. Apply settings and reboot.

Message 2 of 4
Amirlit
Guide

The Distance between the router and rcvr is about 10-12 feet. The same as my Xbox, Apple TV and the TV itself. All connected on the same Wifi. Its just the RCVR that is dropping. 

What are the ramifcations of Disabling MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming on the router? Those seem fairly drastic. Would that be for just testing or purmanent. I want those features. I wouldnt want to disable features to get 1 device to work when all other devices on my system already work. Would be better to simply Debug and fix the Orbi...

Amir

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

No, it's easier to disable those features and see if it helps with the RCVR.

The Daisy Chain is only needed for two or more satellites that need to be configured in a piggy back chain configuration. MIMO is only for use with client devices that support MIMO. Not all devices support MIMO and it can be disable. I run this disabled on my system. Fast Roaming is another it may or may not work well with devices and how they handle switching of roaming from one wireless AP source to another. This depends on how the client devices are designed and handle roaming on wifi.

Test with these disabled and see if anything helps. You can enable them again when needed...

Try this as well:

Advanced Wireless Settings both 2.4GHz and 5GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR40-RBS40-V2-1-4-16-mesh-network-drops-connection-to/m-...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7