Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple connected devices Orbi RBR40

luivan
Follower

Multiple connected devices Orbi RBR40

I have the rbr40 orbi with 4 satellites and  have more than 300 devices connected and growing, most swiches, plugs, nest etc, person users just 8 will and I start having problems of connection droped, Can I do something about it with my current Orbi or do I need to upgrade to a diferent router like Orbi pro or orbi wifi 6

we are only 6 people at home with normal use of internet but I change all my plugs and swiches to smart tech so they need an Ip to connect and I think the dhcp is limited to 255, this devices dont really consume wifi only to turn on and off

Any solution please?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Multiple connected devices Orbi RBR40

Default IP address pool is 192.168.1.1 to .254. 

1 is already using by the router and .255 is used by broadcast protocols(Standard Networking Policy), thus you now have 253 IP addresses available. Home class routers only support 255 IP addresses. Thus ran out of IP addresses to use due to having more than 300 devices connected to 1 DCHP server pool that only supports 253 addresses. This applies to all home class routers including Orbi AX.

Not sure if Orbi Pro will be of any help. 

You may need to contact NG support to see about this or ask about this over in the Orbi pro forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-orbi-pro

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7