× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My RBR50 disconnects randomly.

Azrael77
Follower

My RBR50 disconnects randomly.

Hello all,

I am at my wits end. We have replaced my old modem/router combo with a new stand alone modem and stand alone router solution. The hardware is as follows:

Modem: NETGEAR CM500

Router: NETGEAR Orbi RBR50 running firmware V2.3.5.30 on both the router and sattelite.

House Sq Feet: Around 2000

The problem I seem to be having is that the router will randomly just lose connection. I check my modem and I am green across the board but I will have no connection to my PC and the Orbi will be pulsing blue. One time it was pulsing magenta and another time it was just solid magenta. I have done a factory reset on both the router and the sattelite and the problem still persists.

I love the sytem, it is REAL fast for my devices and it is, as others have stated, excellent when it works but for a pricetag over $300 dollars, the term "when it works" should not have to be said.

Any help is appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Tech73
Aspirant

Re: My RBR50 disconnects randomly.

Same issues. I appreciate your assistance.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My RBR50 disconnects randomly.

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Swap LAN cables between the Orbi RBR and ISP modem.

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@Azrael77 wrote:

Hello all,

I am at my wits end. We have replaced my old modem/router combo with a new stand alone modem and stand alone router solution. The hardware is as follows:

Modem: NETGEAR CM500

Router: NETGEAR Orbi RBR50 running firmware V2.3.5.30 on both the router and sattelite.

House Sq Feet: Around 2000

The problem I seem to be having is that the router will randomly just lose connection. I check my modem and I am green across the board but I will have no connection to my PC and the Orbi will be pulsing blue. One time it was pulsing magenta and another time it was just solid magenta. I have done a factory reset on both the router and the sattelite and the problem still persists.

I love the sytem, it is REAL fast for my devices and it is, as others have stated, excellent when it works but for a pricetag over $300 dollars, the term "when it works" should not have to be said.

Any help is appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7