Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My RBS50 satellite has no ring light

thebrecks
Aspirant

My RBS50 satellite has no ring light

My satellite RBS50 has no ring light at all.  Power is on and attempted reset a few times.    Does this mean the satellite is bad?    The base router is working fine.  I guess I can buy a new one if that is the case.  Could there possibly be an issue with the main router or is it likely just a dead satellite?  Ethernet from the main router out to where the satellite is works fine if I plug directly into a computer

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My RBS50 satellite has no ring light

So powering OFF the RBS for 10 seconds then back ON doesn't produce a WHITE blinking light at all after it's turned on? 

Is there a red or green LED in back? 

Message 2 of 8
thebrecks
Aspirant

correct.  multiple resets did not work.  Green led on the power button

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

How does the Orbi app or  the Orbi web browser interface describe this satellite?

Message 4 of 8
thebrecks
Aspirant

I'm using a web browser not the app.  What do you mean by describe?  The satellite does not show up so there is no visibility to it at all.

Message 5 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@thebrecks wrote:

I'm using a web browser not the app.  What do you mean by describe?  The satellite does not show up so there is no visibility to it at all.

Thanks.  Once a satellite has been successfully sync'd to the router, it usually remains on the Attached Devices page in the top section ("Satellites").  When it is not connected, the status is displayed as "Disconnected" and there is a button to "Delete" the satellite.

Did this satellite ever operate correctly?

If this is a new purchase, then  customers have 90 days of 'complimentary support' from Netgear and there is a one year hardware warranty.

Message 6 of 8
thebrecks
Aspirant

It's close to 2 years old so not on warranty anymore and yes it worked great after I first had it installed.   I was having issues a few months ago with the wifi being flaky where it would seem to turn off and on and then it stopped working so this weekend I reset the router to start from scratch.   I don't remember what the device view was like before resetting.  Probably should have looked closer but from other support tickets I read they all recommended a reset.  I think I just need to buy another one and hopefully it syncs with no issues.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Might check sites like woot and amazon for any replacements that maybe available. 

Good Luck.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7