Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAT issues with Orbi satellite

shiloh116
Aspirant

NAT issues with Orbi satellite

Just started having an issue with NAT connectivity with the RBS50 satellite.  Noticed on xboxone connection.  Although base unit RBR50 is connected to my ISP Moden/router, by placing in AP mode there is no double NAT.  However, when the xbox is connect to the satellite there is no NAT connectivity.  If we unplug the satellite and let the xbox connect to the base unit, no issue "Open NAT".

This just appeared.  Has not been an issue before.  Location of xbox needs satellite for best connection.  Base unit too far away.

Anyone else seeing this?  Why would the satellite unit be kicking out a Double NAT?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NAT issues with Orbi satellite

Haven't seen this however both of my XB1s are wired to the back of the base router.

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?
How is the satellite connected to the base? Wireless or wired?
How is the XB1 connected? Wireless or wired?

Try pressing the power button one XB1 until it shuts off. Power cycle the satellite off for 30 seconds. Wait for the top led to turn on BLUE. Then power ON the XB1.

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 4
shiloh116
Aspirant

Thanks

Again this is a brand new issue after one year of use.

XB1 is wireless to Orbi (either satellite close by or degraded signal to base).  Wired is not really an option. Orbi satellite is wireless to base and base is wired to ISP modem/router. Issue only exists if Orbi is in router mode.  When switched to AP mode, get OPEN NAT as long as the XB1 is connected to base...so all good.  I can bring the satellite online and it might work for sometime but at somepoint I lose connectivity to XB live (even though XB1 is showing connectivity to internet) and the NAT shows "no information".  Again this is even if Orbi is in AP mode.

When I do a trace from a CMD prompt through the Orbi system I only see one private IP address...not two...which is what I believe I should see.

ISP Modem/Router is an Arris Touchstone TG2472.  Haven't gone the bridge mode route for it yet since I am not getting a double NAT with the base Orbi when in AP mode.  Will contact my ISP and do that when I run the traps on the rest of this stuff.

Have done hard reset on XB1.  Only thing I havent done is a console reset.

I worked through the issue with Microsoft on the XB1 side as far as I could. 

I admit to not being entirely literate in this stuff, but it revolves around the satellite.,,,when it is removed...no issue.

Thanks for your help.  I will work through your suggestions.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya seems like a odd issue with the satellite. Let us know if you find anything. Not sure what else to check for. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7