Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need some help with Orbi and Ring Doorbell 2

TEC5154
Follower

Need some help with Orbi and Ring Doorbell 2

Hi everyone.  I know this subject has been talked about on different posts in the forum but I'm trying to post a new one because I don't know if there has been a clear cut solution.  Like many others, my Ring Doorbell does not work how it should with Orbi.  Ring says the solution is to put in a separate wireless AP because Ring Doorbell and cameras won't work well with a mesh network.  I've read about setting up port forwarding for Ring.  Some people say that is a solution.  If it is, can anyone provide step by step instructions on how I should go about doing this?  I've also disabled 20/40Mhz coexistence but that did not work.  Any help would be appreciated.  I've just made a bunch of changes to my services including home security and thought Ring was a good solution.  Something very simple has turned in to a headache.  Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks everyone in advance!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 8
orbiguy
Initiate

After much troubleshooting, what worked best for me is:
2.4 GHz - Channel 1
Disable 20/40 Coexistence

Thank you all in this forum.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it worked. Enjoy. 

Smiley Wink

@orbiguy wrote:
After much troubleshooting, what worked best for me is:
2.4 GHz - Channel 1
Disable 20/40 Coexistence

Thank you all in this forum.

Message 4 of 8
PinOZ
Aspirant

That ties in with advice in another thread, but MUST the Orbi stay on a channel below 11 all the time, or can I revert to AUTO channel after first connection.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try out and let us know if the Doorbell device works on channel 11. If it doesn't, then this is a problem with the device and the Mfr of this device should review and ensure there devices work on ALL supported 2.4Ghz channels. 

@PinOZ wrote:

That ties in with advice in another thread, but MUST the Orbi stay on a channel below 11 all the time, or can I revert to AUTO channel after first connection.

Message 6 of 8
Timtech
Guide

I just upgraded to V2.3.0.32 and my Ring Pro is finally working properly.   The only other thing I did was say my IP address to be xx.xx.xx.201 in the DHCP table.

Before it would lock up when I went to answer the doorbell over my IOS devices.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know the new FW works for your IoT device.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Timtech wrote:

I just upgraded to V2.3.0.32 and my Ring Pro is finally working properly.   The only other thing I did was say my IP address to be xx.xx.xx.201 in the DHCP table.

Before it would lock up when I went to answer the doorbell over my IOS devices.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7