Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need suggestion on Netgear Orbi RBK53

Nibir
Aspirant

Need suggestion on Netgear Orbi RBK53

I am looking forward to purchase Netgear Orbi RBK53 system which comes with one Router and two satellites, in order to extend my wifi network. Currently I am on Netgear Nighthawk R7000. My wifi network is wifi stable but looking forward to extend it further. Looking suggestions from the Community if Orbi RBK53 will be worth the investment because from the online reviews, I see many stability issues with Orbi system. Are all stability related bugs fixed? If so, what is the stable firmware version I should look at. Need suggestions from Orbi RBK53 users.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Need suggestion on Netgear Orbi RBK53

I've had the RBK53 since it came out. Its been great for me. So good that even when I bought an mesh AX system from arris, I still went back to orbi because it performed so well and was so stable. 

What you need to keep in mind with the forums are its where people with issues come. You don't see the people who find it stable and great performing. 

its like going to a hospital and finding sick people and thinking everyone's sick everywhere. They're not, its just you're where the one's with issues go.

Depending on the size of your home, orbi could be an excellent choice. I've used extenders and mesh systems quite a bit and have no issue recommending orbi.  

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Need suggestion on Netgear Orbi RBK53

30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7