Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netflix won't connect via ATT router

rogernation
Follower

Netflix won't connect via ATT router

OK, hope you guys can help. I just hooked up my new Orbi and everything is runnuning great except Netflix. I try ro access Netflix via Dish Network. I have my Orbi connected to ATT Router/Modem 5268AC. Whe I check my internet connection on my Hopper it checks out fine. all green connected to Orbi with 100% Signal. But when I try to run Netflix it says the Netflix won't connect. I check the Netflix network settings and all netflix servers have a red x. I'm not sure what the issue is or how to resolve it should be working fine? It's like Netflix wont connect to the internet. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netflix won't connect via ATT router

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Be sure that the Orbi and ATT modem are not using same IP address of 192.168.1.1. If you walk thru the setup wizard on the Orbi it should help with this if your going to use the modem in router mode. Review the options...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7