× NETGEAR would like to hear from you about specific features so we can improve your experience. To participate in this survey please click HERE.

Netgear Orbi RBK23 and Apple Time Capsule 4th Gen

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear Orbi RBK23 and Apple Time Capsule 4th Gen

Hi all,

I just bought a Netgear Orbi RBK23 with two additional sattelites set to create a mesh network in my flat. It works very well and now my wifi extends into a bedroom that never previously had signal before and I'm seeing speeds of up to 500mb/s which is great.

Previously, I used an Apple Time Capsule 4th Gen as my router. Now I want to use just the hard drive inside for my Time Machine backups. 

What I have done is set the Orbi and the Time Capsule in bridge mode and now everything seems to be working. I can access the Time Capsule hard drive from the Orbi wifi without any issue and wifi speeds are great.

HOWEVER, I cannot access the Orbi router settings or via the Netgear app. The router is showing Magenta color at the top however, I am indeed connected to the internet. I cannot access Orbilogin.com or http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1.  Something is wrong here...and now even if I wanted to change the AP/bridge mode on the Orbi, I can't because I can access the admin sites or via the App.

Please help

Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK23 and Apple Time Capsule 4th Gen

And for clarity, here is my setup:

Physical:

1gb internet -> internet provider's router -> Apple Time Capsule -> Orbi.  Ethernet cable is plugged from the Time Capsule to the Orbi "ethernet" port. If I plug into the "internet" yellow port, internet doesn't work

Software:

Apple Time Capsule set to Airport Utility -> Advanced -> DHCP and NAT -> Router Mode "off (bridge mode)"

Orbi set to -> Bridge mode (and now I can't access the admin page at all)

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK23 and Apple Time Capsule 4th Gen

I was able to get this to work with the support of the Netgear agent on the phone - thanks all

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E