Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear orbi RBR50

Stuart07715
Aspirant

Netgear orbi RBR50

Please help I have brought an orbi system with 1 satellite and wish to extend the coverage to another part of the house which has very poor coverage, do I have to use another orbi product ie satellite or plug in,  or is it possible to do this with a cheaper option? 

As I don’t really want to send another 130 pounds if I can do this cheaper as this area will most probably be used for just visiting web pages.

thanks for any help received up front.

👍

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6
Streak2
Master

Re: Netgear orbi RBR50

I would first experiment with changing the location, if possible of the current setup to give you the coverage you need.
Message 2 of 6
Stuart07715
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply I have already tried this in a number of places, I need to get coverage to an anexxe which is built onto side of the house.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Message 3 of 6
tsig
Luminary

I had one of these before getting the Orbi and continue to use it and it works fine.

Message 4 of 6
Streak2
Master

You could look at wifi extenders but they need to be carefully placed to ensure a decent input signal.

There are also the powerline extenders that work via the mains.

Whatever you choose make sure that the vendor has a good return policy in case it does not work in your environment.

Of course running an ethernet cable would be the most reliable but I guess you dont want to go wired!

Message 5 of 6
tucsontico
Virtuoso

I use an Engenius ENS202 Outdoor WiFi AP/Bridge to cover the distance (25m) to my pool equipment. My ENS202 is in bridge mode and recieves a decent signal (-55 to -60dB) from the Orbi base on 2.4gHz. If you don't/can't run Cat5 cable to the annex, consider an AP our bridge solution.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7