Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware 1.4.0.18 released

murchman
Apprentice

New Firmware 1.4.0.18 released

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes the add-on satellite sync issue.
  • Supports the NETGEAR Orbi app.

http://kb.netgear.com/000036450/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-1-4-0-18

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 42
genobkk
Star

I see it abilable after I login into router but thought it would auto update?  I have not updated yet everyone is useing the router now and fear it would fail and have to do manually as I did after I purchased the router 

Message 2 of 42
loomis1975
Luminary

Updated via the router webpage just fine, didn't have to master reset or reload any settings.

Couldn't find any info about the Orbi App, can't wait to take it for a spin when it is available.

Message 3 of 42
netfox
Initiate

Betreff: New Firmware 1.4.0.18 released

My printer (Dell 1660w) and all my LIFX light bulbs cannot connect to the wifi any more after I updated the firmware today.

Message 4 of 42
netfox
Initiate

Betreff: New Firmware 1.4.0.18 released

Ok, it wasn't the release that caused the problem, it was the "auto" setting for the wifi channel. I changed it to 11 and my LIFX bulbs and my printer can connect to the router again.

Message 5 of 42
genobkk
Star

I did the update without any issues, took less then 5 min, no preformance issues 

Message 6 of 42
nlrela
Guide

Got major speed decrease on iOS devices  - dropped from about 200 Mbps to less as 20 or sometimes even 10 Mbps (measuered with Netflix / speedtest.net App).

Aynone else experienced this?

Any clue on how to correct this?

Message 7 of 42
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello nlrela

I would try to log into the orbi and go to the wireless settings and try changing the wireless channel and see if that improves the speed. also are your other devices getting the high speeds and didnt experience the loss of speed?

DarrenM

Message 8 of 42
nlrela
Guide

Hi DarrenM

I have changed the channels unfortunately without any positive effect. And all devices are affected.

Only difference is, that I installed FW 1.4.0.18 .....

Message 9 of 42
JMU1998
Luminary

Yes I am noticing that too, iPads, iPhone in my house are lot slower also android phones, tablets. Laptop is fine, hardwired speeds fine. yes did factory reset after updating Firmware and tried different channels only change being Firmware.

Message 10 of 42
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

If you are willing to test you could try to load .16 back onto the router and check if the issue is fixed so I can report a issue with the latest firmware.

DarrenM

Message 11 of 42
nlrela
Guide

Trying hard to downgrade to .16, but only do see an hourglass for about an hour during uploading FW .... if I refresh or so then nothing has changed and I have to upload again

Message 12 of 42
nlrela
Guide

After the 2nd reboot I succeeded with the downgrade ... will test speeds this weekend

Message 13 of 42
spewak
Luminary

Re: New Firmware 1.4.0.18 released: Speed Test after Upgrading

Message 14 of 42
nlrela
Guide

@spewak and what device is that ? wired or wifi? 

Message 15 of 42
murchman
Apprentice

Here are my test results from before and after the update conntected to the router and to the satalite. Not that it helps with your problem since mine is working without issue.

20161216_160002000_iOS.png

Message 16 of 42
spewak
Luminary

nlrela,

That is wired. I updated the Firmware to the latest, enabled QOS to eliminate Buffer Bloat and voila. Lower Buffer Bloat is what I was after. Wireless speeds across devices (Apple and Android, Tablet and phone) both are about the same speed. Wireless speeds were never that fast until I purchased the Orbi.

Message 17 of 42
nlrela
Guide

Downgraded to 14016 and the speed is back in town
Message 18 of 42
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello nlrela 

Thank you for testing this out I sent the issue over to engineering to try and replicate I may need to ask you some more info if you do not mind after I hear back from them.

DarrenM

Message 19 of 42
nlrela
Guide

OK thanks until now

Message 20 of 42
Dan_H
Apprentice

I was under the impression that QoS is really going to limit bandwidth unless you have some serious processing power to handle it. I know on my router enabling QoS disables HW offload and I end up going from 300Mbps to roughly 60 Mbps. I know I am looking at this router with a 9 core procesor just to handle QoS and not lose speed https://routerboard.com/CCR1009-7G-1C-1SplusPC. So maybe turn off QoS and see if your speed comes back?

Message 21 of 42
dekka007
Apprentice

Got this issue too on latest firmware.

IOS devices about 50Mbps. (Iphone 6 and 7 and ipad air 2 and ipad pro) Router speedtest 363MBps. Macbook 563Mbps
Message 22 of 42
GaryInEdmond
Guide

My router speedtest is 347 Mbps.  My iphone 7 on speedtest.net is 178 Mbps.  Seems not everyone is affected.

Message 23 of 42
Zoomzoom66
Guide

Same issue here.  All my devices showed slower connection speeds on the new firmware.  Just reverted back to .16 and speed is where it was before.

Message 24 of 42
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone 

I have been trying to track this issue with the latest firmware and IOS slow downs but make sure both the satellite and the main router are on the .18 FW some people have had the satellite on a older firmware and it was causing the issue.

DarrenM

Message 25 of 42
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7