Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Orbi drops ZOOM drops

leahkushner
Aspirant

New Orbi drops ZOOM drops

I just installed the Orbi RBK50 with 2 satellites.   I have a 5,000sq ft single floor home.  I also purchased the outdoor satellite which never turned on.  I am using the Arris T25 modem with Xfinity blast.  It is upsetting that this expensive unit only comes with a quick start manual designs for an app but does not give further details on browser connections for more advanced setting options.   As I read other people are having similar options with advanced answers to change modes, connections, firmware, turn off and on different options, etc. and I have no idea where they are finding these.  I previously had the Nighthawk with multiple repeaters, wall extenders directly into the smart tv's, etc.  

Here are my questions:

1.  I am daisy chain R-S-S across my home.  During installation the color was blue but the satellites are more than 30 ft from each other.

2.  My ZOOM calls are dropping outside 50ft from the router. I am not sure it is a firmware problem but the internet is fine outdoors 50ft from the router just not FT or ZOOM.   I do have an enclosed shed with electric socket 50ft from the router which can store either the outdoor satellite or another satellite.  Are they essentially the same?  

3.  There seems to be conflicting responses to: Can you add more than 3 satellites?  Does it spread the system too thin? Can I keep wall extenders or add Orbi wall mesh satellites around the parameter?  Remember the footprint of my house is 5,000sq ft single floor!

4.   Please be candid with me.  Is there any other system that may be more robust and effective!  Other issues are multiple printers, NAS, smart TV, sonos system, Lorax surveillance cameras..... like many others.    Many thanks.   Leah

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New Orbi drops ZOOM drops

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

So does zoom calls work while near the middle RBS? 

Be sure your mobile device is connected to the RBS far or near. To do this, disable the wifi radio on the mobile device for 5 seconds then turn back ON. The device should connect to the nearest RBS that your closest too. 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Check check the box then apply. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7