Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version v2.7.1.60 Officially Released

--Chuck
Guide

@glenfaj26 @You are assuming that your Your Orbi has the same CPU architecture as your PC. 
The disc image will work on Orbi's ARM CPU not on an PC's Intel x86 CPU. 

Message 51 of 65
bolingde
Guide

It still should unzip. That's just an application. You have to unzip it to load. I don't think they said they were trying to run the image.
Message 52 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

DO NOT TRY TO UNZIP THE .IMG FILE. This file is already compiled and used by the RBRs web page. Just unzip the .zip file only. The IMG file is the acutal FW file. 

@glenfaj26 wrote:

I tried unzipping the files and all I get is a message "The disc image is corrupted." 

Is this update a joke? 

Netgear Update Corrupted 11.23.2020.JPG

Message 53 of 65
--Chuck
Guide

@bolingde Just to elaborate.

The PC thinks the file is corrupted because it tried to mount the file. Please look closely at the header of the error message pop-up which says "Couldn't mount file". 

Probably the default action when a disk image file is selected. 

Message 54 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Do not mount the IMG file either. It's not meant to be mounted or open by the OS system. It's only meant to be sent to the RBR or RBS and used by those devices to update the Orbi system. 

Message 55 of 65
BSmithline
Aspirant

What FIRMWARE is correct for the first version of the RBR/RBS hardware

Need to know what is the current version of firmware for the first model of the RBR/RBS Orbi mesh system?

My units are running V2.5.2.4 and when I do a "check" on the Advanced / Administration / Firmeare Update webpage it shows "No new firmware version available".

When I go to the Netgear website and go to the firmware on the RBR50 linked page and download the firmware it shows version "V2.7.1.60" ( RBR50-V2.7.1.60.zip ).  Is this the corect version for the first model of the RBR50 hardware?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 56 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes and no. If your in the USA region, you can use this. If your outside the USA region, then you should use this version of FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-40/m-p/1997895/highlight/tr...

If you can use this version as well as it's the next version of FW up from v4. 

NG doesn't post more resent version of FW up on there auto update server necessarily at the same time as they post on the web site. 

So users need to check the download site as well. 

Up to you if you want to upgrade or not. If you choose to manual update, update the RBS first then RBR lastly. After the FW is applied and processed. Power OFF the RBS and RBR for 15 seconds then back ON. 

@BSmithline wrote:
What FIRMWARE is correct for the first version of the RBR/RBS hardware

Need to know what is the current version of firmware for the first model of the RBR/RBS Orbi mesh system?

My units are running V2.5.2.4 and when I do a "check" on the Advanced / Administration / Firmeare Update webpage it shows "No new firmware version available".

When I go to the Netgear website and go to the firmware on the RBR50 linked page and download the firmware it shows version "V2.7.1.60" ( RBR50-V2.7.1.60.zip ).  Is this the corect version for the first model of the RBR50 hardware?

Message 57 of 65
Stev3D
Luminary

@BSmithline, there are two current versions, 2.7.1.60 and 2.6.1.40.

I initially attempted to use 2.7.1.60 and even though I am in the US, all hell broke loose. Scroll up a bit and you will see my trials and tribulations.  

I am running the 2.6.1.40 version and things are pretty much back to normal.  If you aren't using Netgear's Armor or other security products, you don't need the 2.7 version (that seems to be the differentiator between 2.6 and 2.7).

Good luck!

Message 58 of 65
Endosmok
Aspirant

So I just took this update (V2.7.1.60) for my RBR50/RBS50 router and satellite.  This was a manual upload as neither unit would see any new firmware available (it's set to auto).

After the update, i noticed my port forwarding was no longer working.  I only had 3 services (Blueiris, Plex, and my Hopper).

They are still listed there but not longer accessible.  I've tried deleting and re-adding them but to no avail.

I also noticed that my UPnP is may be inoperable as well.  I cannot reach anything that is LISTED as ACTIVE in my UPNP status.  Nor can i access the UPNP to add BlueIris when I tried that method.  

Just checking to see what I can do prior to downgrading the firmware.  Maybe there's a setting I am missing?  but like I said... this occurred immediately after the FW update to 2.7.1.60.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 59 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

Try updating to v102. Should be seen in the RBRs web page after v60 is loaded. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-Router-Firmware-Version-V2-7-2-102/m-p/2027821/high...

If you updated to v60, a factory reset and setup from scratch should be performed. Then test your configurations. 

v102 is working well for me and others though I can't confirm your portforward configuration. 

@Endosmok wrote:

So I just took this update (V2.7.1.60) for my RBR50/RBS50 router and satellite.  This was a manual upload as neither unit would see any new firmware available (it's set to auto).

After the update, i noticed my port forwarding was no longer working.  I only had 3 services (Blueiris, Plex, and my Hopper).

They are still listed there but not longer accessible.  I've tried deleting and re-adding them but to no avail.

I also noticed that my UPnP is may be inoperable as well.  I cannot reach anything that is LISTED as ACTIVE in my UPNP status.  Nor can i access the UPNP to add BlueIris when I tried that method.  

Just checking to see what I can do prior to downgrading the firmware.  Maybe there's a setting I am missing?  but like I said... this occurred immediately after the FW update to 2.7.1.60.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 60 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

v102 FW files are now posted for users to manually download and manually apply to there 50 series Orbi systems:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-Router-Firmware-Version-V2-7-2-102/m-p/2034115/high...

Users may skip v70 and v60 version and go directly to v102.

This version is for users in the US Region only. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 61 of 65
glenfaj26
Guide

The files in those link are corrupted. It keeps opening up more links. One file says "the disc image file is corrupted" when attempted to open. 

Message 62 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

DO NOT attempt to open the .img file after you unpack the .zip file. Just proceed to the RBS or RBS web page and use the FW update web page in the browser to select the .img file from with in the orbi FW udpate page. Then apply. The .img file format is used ONLY by the Orbi RBS and RBR units. 

@glenfaj26 wrote:

The files in those link are corrupted. It keeps opening up more links. One file says "the disc image file is corrupted" when attempted to open. 

Message 63 of 65
glenfaj26
Guide

I have RBR50 / RBS50. Those links don't work. 

Message 64 of 65
FURRYe38
Guru

I downloaded an unpacked the files yesterday. Links are valid. 

Try a different browser or PC. 

Message 65 of 65
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 64 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7