Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New RBS50 Satellites give Backhaul Disconnected Error

orbi1973
Aspirant

New RBS50 Satellites give Backhaul Disconnected Error

I recently bought a used AC3000 system that came with a router and 2 satellites. I got the used system mainly for the 2 satellites as mine only came with one (1 router & 1 satellite).  I have since added the 2 satellites to my system so now there are in total 3 satellites and a router, but within the admin console, one of them is showing as 'disconnected' for Backhaul. I will attach a screenshot for more clarity.

Note: Previously both showed as disconnected, but now i see one of them with '5G' mark and backhaul showing as 'good'.  The 3rd satellite still shows as 'disconnected'.  

Can someone tell me what is happening with my system ?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: New RBS50 Satellites give Backhaul Disconnected Error

The most common reasons for a satellite showing "Disconnected" and having no IP address are that it is:

• Powered off.  It is really easy to hit that tiny power button on the back of the case without realizing it.
    The power supply could have come loose, or the electrical circuit could be off.
  • So far away from the router that it cannot connect, even at 2.4G.  This is really unusual.

I would try this:

1. Look at the power LED on the back of the case.  Is it green?
  2. Turn it off, say a prayer, turn it back on and observe the pattern of lights at the top of the case
    (called "Ring Light") and see which pattern it follows:
    https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 
    Specifically, does it finally turn Blue, Amber, or Magenta for two minutes?
  3. Relocate the satellite to the same room as the router and see what happens.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

The most common reasons for a satellite showing "Disconnected" and having no IP address are that it is:

• Powered off.  It is really easy to hit that tiny power button on the back of the case without realizing it.
    The power supply could have come loose, or the electrical circuit could be off.
  • So far away from the router that it cannot connect, even at 2.4G.  This is really unusual.

I would try this:

1. Look at the power LED on the back of the case.  Is it green?
  2. Turn it off, say a prayer, turn it back on and observe the pattern of lights at the top of the case
    (called "Ring Light") and see which pattern it follows:
    https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean 
    Specifically, does it finally turn Blue, Amber, or Magenta for two minutes?
  3. Relocate the satellite to the same room as the router and see what happens.
Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

I see that the post has been marked "Solved", but am not clear what the situation is.

Are they working now?

Dead?

Or....... ?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7